- Born on December 4, 1984 in Porretta Terme (Bologna), Italy.
- Graduated from High School "Liceo Scientifico Montessori - Da Vinci" of Porretta Terme in 2003.
- Bachelor Degree in Astronomy from the University of Bologna in 2006. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Alberto Venni. Title of the dissertation: "Some Properties of Geodesics on Rn Surfaces".
- Master Degree in Astrophysics and Cosmology from the University of Bologna in 2009. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Luca Ciotti. Title of the dissertation: "A Family of Toroidal Stellar Systems in Rigid Rotation".
- PhD Student at the Kapteyn Astronomical Institute in Groningen. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Amina Helmi. Title of the dissertation: "The dynamical effects of the bar on the Galactic thin and thick disks".
- Post-Doc CNES at the Observatoire astronomique de Strasbourg since October 2014
My field of interest is Theoretical Astrophysics. In particular Galactic Dynamics and Stellar Dynamics.
My work is focused on the study of substructures ("moving groups"), in the phase-space of the Milky Way that have a dynamical origin (e.g. resonances with the bar or the spiral arms).
I'm also interested in phase-space distribution functions, galaxy models and potential theory, Mathematical Physics and numerical problems like orbits integrations and N-Body simulations.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in observational X-ray astronomy at...
Suite à la proposition du conseil de l'Observatoire ce mercredi 14 décembre 2016, c'est...
Giacomo Monari et Benoit Famaey (Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg) sont co-auteurs d'un...